Electrical Wiring in the Home/Buzzing spa pack

Question
We have a Connecticut electric outside spa gfi and service disconnect or "spa pack".  No issues with tripping , etc.  however,of late it has taken to "buzzing"' relatively loudly, most all of the time.  The spa ALWAYS draws some power for the electronics to monitor temperature but only infrequently does it draw for the motors/heater.  But the spa pack buzzes away.  Is this a safety issue? Or just a minor PITA?  Thanks for your time!!!  Bob

Answer
Robert,

It is just a PITA and most likely the transformer inside thats doing it. They like to hum and buzz sometimes due to the magnetic field. If you smack the control box it might stop it for a while or "shimming" the transformer with a piece of cardboard to cushion the vibration between it and the control box might stop it also but you need to turn the power off before doing this.

Bob
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

PASCACK VALLEY ELECTRIC Bob Mossman