Electrical Wiring in the Home/Ceiling light/receptecal

All of a sudden two of my six ceiling quit working.What I've also noticed is that when plugging lamp into outlets in same room that the two non-working lights will come dim when lamp is turned on.While troubleshooting I've also noticed this effects outlets in adjoin room.Three prong tester just indicates correct wiring.I've not updated or added anything.

Somehow the lights and the outlets are in series with each other.  This happens when someone tries to tap off of a switch to run another light.  Since you did not change anything, a wire must have come loose.  Most likely the problem is in the box with the switch. Check the wire nuts and make sure that everything is making contact inside of the wire nuts.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.