Electrical Wiring in the Home/Furnace transfer switch .... Amp question

Just bought a 4400 watt generator.  Biggest thing I want to do is put in a single circuit furnace transfer switch; Reliance Controls TF151W Easy/Tran Single-Circuit 15 Amp Furnace Generator Transfer Switch For Up To 1875 Watt up in north east.

The generator has two 20 amp receptacles and a 30 amp L14-30.  Furnace indicates 8 - 12 amps during operation.   Am I ok to use one of the 20 amp receptacles on the generator with nothing else on it so it is dedicated to the furnace or should I go off of the L14-30 where the cord I bought branches to 4 receptacles and will have other items on it (likely fridge, tv. ) ?   

Electrically, as long as you do not exceed the amps, you are OK putting it on any circuit.
The reason the furnace has its own circuit, is not because of the power it draws, as much as it is a critical item, and you do not want to lose it with something else on the circuit causing the breaker to trip. I would put it on a 20 amp outlet.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.