Electrical Wiring in the Home/Hardwiring a stove

My mom needs a new stove. I went out looking to replace the old one. Every place I go they say they will install but if it's hardwired i need to get a electrician to have a three prong plug installed. Do all stoves today use plugs or can I hardwire the new stove. I haven't purchased a new stove yet cause I don't know what to do first.  Should I get an electrician and have a receptacle put in or wait till I get a new range & c if it can be hardwired?  How hard is it to put a receptacle in. Can I do it myself?

Stoves come with a connection point. In the past the standard was to hardware them. Now we in stall plugs. You can do either but plugs make changing the stove easier in the future. I would call an electrician to disconnect your stove and install a new outlet. If not too difficult I would see if you have the ability to install a 4wire outlet. 4wire is the newest standard so if you have the ability to make this upgrade I would. ( the 4 wire is so electronics that are becoming standard in stoves.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz

Any questions about being an electrician or doing electrical work. I can help advise people on their wiring needs, what kind of outlets and switcher to use, explain what an electrical service is and how their breakers work. I can also help them with their lighting needs. . I CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT.

My Father apprenticed to his Father-and I apprenticed to mine, repeating an invaluable tradition of child labor and a great place to learn a trade. Beginning at the age of 13, I worked with my dad every weekend and summer vacation in homes throughout Philadelphia repairing and rewiring all levels of residential electrical systems. Studying electrical engineering and earning a degree in architecture has given me a solid advantage in solving the myriad of residential electrical problems. Generation 3 Electrical, Inc. takes pride in every job - building confidence by how we do things - by being prompt, thorough and leaving every job site finished and clean.