Electrical Wiring in the Home/switch doesn't operate any receptacles

Question
i have a house i just purchased with a wall switches in 2 rooms that don't operate any wall receptacles. There is not any ceiling lights or fans in these rooms.   I tried all the receptacles with a light plugged in and the switch does not operate anything.    The wall switch only has a white and black wire attached. The white wire is not taped black.   How can i find out which wall receptacle is supposed  to operate from the switch.  None of the wall receptacles have a red wire.    None of the wall receptacles have the side tab broken.

Answer
There wouldn't be a red wire at the receptacle, as there is none at the  switch
White in switch leg does not have to be re-identified with tape
One outlet is probably wired wrong - find where the white wire is tied into the black wires in the box. Depending on how it was done, it was probably intended to control half of the receptacle, which has been replaced, but the tab was not broken out - first best guess
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber