Electrical Wiring in the Home/Tab on outlet

Hello Bob,
I wanted to see if NOT breaking the tab on the outlet would cause the breaker to trip when the switch is turned on?
Thank you,

If the outlet is wired correctly and everything is on the same circuit, it should not trip the breaker.  If they are on different circuits, you will either have a 220 volt short circuit, or you will conjoin two circuits.  Neither is a good thing to happen
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.