Electrical Wiring in the Home/3 prong to four prong

I have a four prong 250v 30 amp outlet for a washer dryer and I have a three prong coming out of the washer. Is it easy/possible to change the plug over or should I call someone? Thanks

In the 1990's, the code changed, and dryer and range outlets had to be 4 prong.  You should replace the cord on your dryer. There is probably a short wire that goes from the connection block to the chasis of the dryer.  Remove that.  The green wire from the cord will go on the chasis.  Be sure the white wire goes to the screw marked neutral.  You should be able to do it yourself, but you can also call someone if you are not able.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.