Electrical Wiring in the Home/Bathroom Wiring

Hi Bob,
 I'm adding a bathroom in my basement. Can you help me with the install of my lighting and air vent? I'll be installing a two switches mid circuit (the remainder of the circuit provides lighting to my basement). One switch will be for the bathroom lights, the second switch for my vent. No outlet will be present as I don't have any space left on my panel for a GFI breaker - electrician was lazy and ran more circuits than what was needed.
Thanks for the help.

You should have an outlet in the bathroom.  Either the bathroom lighting and fan can be on this circuit, or other bathroom outlets.  But not both.

As far as what you want to do, it sounds like you will have 4 wires in the box.  The power coming in, the power going to the rest of the circuit, a wire to the light, and a wire to the fan.  The black wire coming in and going out will connect together, along with a pigtail going to one screw on the each switch.  The black light wire will go to the other screw on one switch, and the black fan wire will go to the screw on the other switch.  All white wires will connect together.  The grounds will connect together, plus to any green screws, metal boxes, and green wires.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.