Electrical Wiring in the Home/ceiling fan remote/switch combo

fan remote
fan remote  
I'd like to retrofit a ceiling fan to turn the light on from the switch and use the remote to turn the fan on/off.  I have a single switch at the end of the cable run with two conductor wiring.  I can successfully install the remote receiver if I want to use the remote to turn on/off the light and the fan.  Or I can wire it to turn on/off the light from the switch but not to control the fan.  But what I'd like to do is use the switch to control the light and leave the remote functionality to control the fan only.  Is this possible with my existing wiring?   Attached a photo of the set up for the remote receiver.

Yes you can do it. In the ceiling box connect the black wire that was going to the previous fixture to the black of the new fixture. Connect the white wire from the new fixture to the group of white wires the previous fixture was connected to. Connect the "AC in" white to the same group of white wires in the ceiling box. Connect the black "AC in" in to all the blacks grouped together in the ceiling box. Lastly connect "Motor N" to the white wire coming from the fan. Connect "Motor L" to the black wire coming from the fan. Make sure the "dip" switches in the fan and remote match each other and you should be set.

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Licensed Master Electrician (32 years) 6165B Contractor in Closter New Jersey with 40 years total experience in Residential - Commercial - Industrial work. Emergency Service - General trouble shooting and repair work - ONAN & GENERAC generator installation - Paddle fans - Kitchen & Bath exhaust fans - AC lines - Smoke detectors - Telephone lines - Cable TV lines - Computer network cabling - Exterior lighting - Recessed lighting - Security lighting - (200 - 150 - 100 amp service up grades) - Electric Heat - New circuits - New appliance hook ups - and more ! FREE ESTIMATES 201-358-1552 Fully Insured

Licensed contractor in Closter New Jersey.

"The Frank Williams School of Electrical Construction". My dear old boss is 100 ! and still going God Bless him. I started working for "Tenafly Electric" right out of high school at 19. He was tough but I learned more working for him in 8 and half years than most guys. We did mostly industrial work while doing some commercial and residential so I was fortunate to be exposed to all 3 areas of electrical construction. The guys I worked with were all good guys and I stay in touch with some of them still. Most of us went into our own buisness's which says something about the caliber of the guys I worked with. We had some interesting clients : Wella Corp. of shampoo fame, Farah Fawcett etc, I didn't buy shampoo for 10 years. It was a great place to work. Pan Am the former airline just before they went under, another great place to work, nice clean environment. C&C Metals, the largest button manufacturer in the US at that time, a not so clean environment but a very interesting place to work, lots of machine's cranking out buttons of all kinds but you had to be on your toes, it was a potentially dangerous place to be . All kinds of action going on around you.