Electrical Wiring in the Home/Ground sparks

Question
Hello

I pulled a 2 gang box out and put a new plastic one in. It has 3 switches and an outlet in it. When reconecting everything i noticed a little spark when connecting the white grounds together. I had 4 ground 4 blacks and 1 red... all lights are working and the outlet reads correct wiring  can u help.. should i be worried.

Thanks

Answer
Is it the ground or the neutral? The neutral is normally white, the grounds are usually bare.

It is normal for white neutral. It is probably feedback. You should turn off the breakers for all circuits.  If the breaker was off, you probably have another circuit sharing the neutral.

If it is the bare neutral wires sparking, that would not be normal.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle