Electrical Wiring in the Home/Increasing amount of electricity being used.

Question
Hi I have a question that I have a hard time finding an answer to online.  I have a bunch of reptiles that have lights on them.  They are growing so when they grow I need to get a bigger habitat and a stronger light bulb to heat up the habitat.  The thing is with having a lot of lights and I know if I upgrade the lights I would put a lot of strain on the wiring and their could be a risk of fire.  So my question is, Is their a way to upgrade the wiring to handle the amount of electricity?  I donít know anything about this subject Iím not going to do this myself I wanted to talk to an expert first about this subject to see if thatís possible.  And if so who do I call to help with this, I would think an electrician or is their someone else that specializes in that?  Thank you for your time.

Answer
An electrician is exactly who you want. Lighting, and wiring for lighting, are among the things electricians install.

Prevention of system strain is contemplated in the design by the installation of current limiting devices at the service panel, fuses and breakers.

How much light are you talking about?
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber