Electrical Wiring in the Home/Kitchen lights won't turn on after clicking

Yesterday I went to turn the kitchen lights on and i heard a bunch of clicking.   The lights never came on and have not since.  There are three other switch panels for the same lights around the room, none of them turn the lights on.  However, two of the panels  have two other switches on them to turn other lights on; they work.  The other lights or outlets in the kitchen work.   The fuse box is not tripped.   Not sure what to do.   Thank you for any help.

The clicking noise could be arcing.  And arcing can lead to overheating.  So, be sure to fix it ASAP, or get someone to fix it if you can't track the problem down.

The first thing is to replace the switches.  If you have multiple switches, two of them will be 3 way switches, and the rest 4 way switches.  If you heard the noise at the switch you used, then try replacing that one first. Three way switches have 3 screws, not counting the ground; 4 way switches have 4 screws not counting the ground.

The only thing left to check is the wires in the wire nuts. Make sure the metal part of the wires are touching.  Also, look for any black spots where the wire may have burned.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.