Electrical Wiring in the Home/Low voltage at GFCI receptacles

Question
I have 2 outlets on a GFI circuit (one outside & one inside, that's in a garage) that both only have 55v but the main GFI reptacle is still 120v. Just a few days ago they were not working & only had 104v while all the others in the house, including the main GFI had 120v so I replaced both low voltage ones which seemed to have fixed the issue. But, they have both lost voltage again & neither is working consistently. This morning they worked again, I'm guessing, after "cooling off". What would be the next step? Bad breaker? Can it still be a bad breaker if some of the outlets on that circuit work consistently and some don't?

Answer
Sounds like a bad connection somewhere ahead of where these two outlets are fed from. Could be a failing splice or a loose connection at a device, very possibly one that is working properly.

I think you should call a good electrician. You would be surprised how quickly their experience can help isolate the problem when actually on-site.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber