Electrical Wiring in the Home/placing 12v and 120v on one dimmer

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
I have a halogen sconce and two 12v recessed lights in my bathroom. A friend of mine installed the for me, and he asked me to buy a dimmer, which would work for both these fixtures.  I bought the Lutron DV-600P-WH dimmer.  The very nex day after these two fixtures (all brand new)have been installed one halogen bulb burned out.
I wonder if this might be caused because the 12v and the 120v fixtures are not supposed to work together.
Also, if I replace the halogen fixture with an LED light, but leave the 12v recessed lights, will these work on the same switch/dimmer?
Thank you,
Arkasha

ANSWER: Simply out of curiosity, with what voltage are the 12 volt and 120 volt lights powered through one switch? ...and how is the wiring arranged so as to accomplish this feat?

QUESTION: Thank you for reviewing my question.  The short answer is - I do not know how this is, or should be accomplished.  My understanding is that each of the two recessed lights has it's own transformer.  I know that both halogen lights (the low voltage, and the 120 V) are switched on with one switch (actually a dimmer which I described).  
I suspect something is wrong, but I am not sure.  How does it sound to an expert?
Best,
Arkasha

Answer
The dimmer you selected is only for dimming good old-fashioned incandescent lamps.
You need a special dimmer for transformer fed Low Voltage lights.

The following page has more about the dimmer you may need:
http://classic.lutron.com/diva/

I suggest you call Lutron and speak to someone there in technical support so they can help you select the proper device.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber