Electrical Wiring in the Home/switch

I need some help. I am adding a porch and would like to add two fans with lights (remote controlled)

I do have a double switch that controls a flood lights, and the other is idle, nothing happens when it is turn on/off.

How can I utilize that switch to wire the 2 celling fans?

Thank you

I will depend on the circuit wires in the box to determine if you can use this as a circuit. The switch only switches the hot wires, the neutral wires continue on directly through the switch box to the device being switched. Turn on the lights controlled by these switches and turn the breaker off and pull out the switches to see if there are just wires connected the switches or if there are other wires that are connected together and not connected at all to the switches and let me know, thanks J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook

General electrical wiring, including but not limited to, residential, panelboards, control wiring, low voltage wiring, Heating and A/C control wiring, single and three phase wiring.

I have been doing electrical since high school. I have been licensed by the State of North Carolina for ten years and am currently the Building Maintenance Superintendent for a municipality. I have extensive control wiring experience.

Refrigeration Service Engineers Society.