Electrical Wiring in the Home/100 amp service at an RV park

The RV park I live at has one lot that ran a 100 amp line straight into a Park Model RV (which is an RV more like a single-wide trailer). The trailer that sat on that lot was a 100 amp RV. All the other lots provide 30 amp service and that is what the typical RV needs. The previous 100 amp RV was sold and moved recently and I have rented the lot. I am in the process of buying a Park Model 100 amp RV but for at least the next few months I only have my typical 30 amp trailer. The RV park owner now has a loose 100 amp wire on his hands and they don't know how to make it work temporarily for a 30 amp RV, and then be able to connect directly to my 100 amp Park Model when I have purchased it. They are talking about disconnecting the 100 amp line which defeats the entire purpose of my renting the lot and moving my trailer and all out-buildings to serve as a temporary residence while I get things lined up for the Park Model. Can anything be done to use the 100 amp line now?

Because of the high usage, a 125 amp panel is typically less expensive than a 100 or lower amp panel. You could purchase a panel with a 100 amp main breaker, connect the line to it and install a 30 amp breaker and feed your existing RV. This is the least expensive option. Thanks, J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook

General electrical wiring, including but not limited to, residential, panelboards, control wiring, low voltage wiring, Heating and A/C control wiring, single and three phase wiring.

I have been doing electrical since high school. I have been licensed by the State of North Carolina for ten years and am currently the Building Maintenance Superintendent for a municipality. I have extensive control wiring experience.

Refrigeration Service Engineers Society.