Electrical Wiring in the Home/DC to AC

Solar LED\'s
Solar LED's  

We have a few sets of solar LED lights. They each consist of about two dozen LED's hooked up to a small solar panel that contains a 1.2V rechargeable battery. There are two thin wires connecting the lights to the solar panel.

My wife would like to use the lights inside the house through the winter (since the next 6 months in Oregon will be wet and gray and very little solar charging will take place). I would like to use them on AC inside the house, but still be able to use them solar-powered in the summer. Any suggestions?

If they are not made for an adapter, which I don't believe they are, I don't know of any easy way to connect them to the power.  However, even without the sun, there should be lights inside that would charge them.  I think they don't need a whole lot of light. After all, most of them are made for Christmas, when the days are the shortest.

You could go to Radio Shack and get adapters, and plugs and play around with them.  It would probably mean soldering, and doing a lot of work. I am not aware of battery chargers for these batteries, but perhaps someone with more of an electronics background might know.  You can try asking that at Radio Shack too.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.