Electrical Wiring in the Home/Electrical Problem

I just bought a house and was changing out all the receptacles, light switches, and ceiling fans in the house. I did this in the master bath and bedroom and everything worked fine. When I got to my two spare bedrooms I took the light fixtures down and replaced one of the rooms light switches. When I went to install new ceiling fans the light switches did not work. Also in one of the spare bedrooms the receptacles do not work and the light switches and receptacles in my spare bathroom do not work. I believe all the spare bedrooms and the spare bath are all on the same breaker, which is not tripped. Everything was working fine a few days ago. So as a recap nothing in the spare bath works (lights, exhaust fan, receptacles), nothing in one spare bedroom works (lights, receptacles), and in the other spare bedroom the light does not work but the receptacles and the closet light does work. Like I said everything was working fine a few days ago and all I did in these rooms electrically was remove the light fixtures in both spare bedrooms and spare bathroom and change the light switches in one of the spare bedrooms. Any suggestions?

Somewhere, there is a wire not quite connected, that came loose.  It is probably under a wire nut. Could also be at an outlet. Check to make sure that all of the wires are tight.  You may need to unscrew the wire connectors to make sure everything is making contact.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.