Electrical Wiring in the Home/removal of GFI and wiring- how to seal

Question
I am moving and would like to remove the wiring ( internal and external) for the GFI and Hot tub.  How do I seal the wall properly once this is done?

Answer
Laurie,

If the wall is cinder block, concrete, brick or stone you could use concrete "patch" for small holes or even larger ones, which is sold in small quantities at HD and Lowes. Or if the hole is small enough (about the size of a 50 cent piece) you could use "duct seal" to close it up which is effective but it won't look as good as the concrete patch especially if its in an area that will be seen a lot.

If its wood you could still use "duct seal" also sold at HD and Lowes if the hole is small enough but if its larger and in an area that is seen then you may want to use a good wood filler or if its vinyl siding you could use still use duct seal.

How fussy you want to be with the material you use to patch it really depends upon where the hole is. If its out of eye view then "duct seal" is an effective to do it. Its quick, pliable, you can shape it, even paint it and its cheap and readily available.

Bob
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

PASCACK VALLEY ELECTRIC Bob Mossman