Electrical Wiring in the Home/wiring gfci outlet to be controlled by switch

I am finishing my basement. I am putting in a sink with a food disposal, (a king unit- I think??) It came with a cord on it , ready to plug in.  I want to put a GFCI outlet under the cabinet that would be controlled by a switch.  Can this be done??and if so,  HOW DO I WIRE IT SO IT WILL BE CONTROLLED BY THE LIGHT SWITCH??  You Know turn it on/off??? Please help.

You don't need a GFCI under the sink, since only the disposal is plugged into it.  If the power goes to the switch first, then wire it as normal with the black wires to the terminals at the switch, and the white wires to each other, and the grounds to each other.

If the power goes to the outlet first, then the white wire coming in goes to the silver colored screw (or white wire). The black wire coming in goes to one wire going to the switch, and the other wire from the switch goes to the brass colored screw (or black wire) on the outlet.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.