Electrical Wiring in the Home/Bathroom Outlet

I have a bathroom outlet with a GFCI. The outlet has power but seems to not have enough power running through it. Example: I plug in a wax warmer, the light turns on and is hot to the touch but the wax isn't melting. Would this be a wiring problem or the outlet is starting to go bad?

I would more question the element in the warmer, but you can use a volt meter to check the actual volts at the outlet. Plug a drop cord into the receptacle and plug the warmer into the cord then using a meter with the warmer on check the socket of an empty plug to see if there is a voltage drop. Thanks J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook

General electrical wiring, including but not limited to, residential, panelboards, control wiring, low voltage wiring, Heating and A/C control wiring, single and three phase wiring.

I have been doing electrical since high school. I have been licensed by the State of North Carolina for ten years and am currently the Building Maintenance Superintendent for a municipality. I have extensive control wiring experience.

Refrigeration Service Engineers Society.