Electrical Wiring in the Home/garbage disposal

wire a garbage disposal with off and on switch and electrical out let. How do you wire that??? Switch on top and plugin on bottom of

Is the switch and outlet going to be separate?  Normally it is because you want the switch above the counter top and the outlet below.  You would run the power to the switch. Then run the wire to the outlet. At the switch, the white wires connect to each other, the black wires connect to the switch screws and the grounds to each other and any green screws and metal boxes.

If you want a switch and outlet combo, then connect the white wire to the silver screw.  The black wire goes to the brass screw above it.  Nothing goes on the side where the bridge is. Do not disturb the bridge between the two screws, but make sure the screws are screwed in, since nothing goes to them.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.