Electrical Wiring in the Home/amperage problem

Question
Hi Bill,  we just purchased a Bosch wall oven -- it's the HBL 3450.  It requires a 30 amp line .  The total amperage coming into the apartment is 40.  We immediately though we'd better exchange it if at all possible.  But it's not that easy.  See below for that little complication.  So...

We scrutinized the manual and saw that if you're using 208 volts, it draws only 25 amps.  What do you think?  Are we OK?  

(It's difficult to return.  We didn't keep all the packaging,  stupid I know.  But we could sell it privately and find a lower amp. Oven.  There a few out there.  But it would, of course, be a huge hassle).

Thanks for your advice.

Yours,

Al

Answer
This is a bit of a sticky question. The simple answer is you don't have enough power in your apartment. The next question is can you lower you energy usage when you are using the oven? Will you be using the oven often? Can or when is your main power supply going to be updated? 40amp is way too low.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz