Electrical Wiring in the Home/out of code? WA State

Question
I bought my house in OCT 2010 through the VA. So it was inspected by a VA approved inspector. (orig build 1991) The home was remodeled in beginning of 2010 to include full kitchen remodel, convert basement into bedroom/bathroom, and remodel other two bathrooms (which did not have exhaust fans?). I just found out the other day with assistance from a buddy who is an electrician helper that my kitchen gfi is #14/15amp for the outlets... The lights in my kitchen, my whole living room (outlets/lights)and garage are all on one #14/15amp breaker. The whole remodeled basement bedroom and bathroom (outlets/lights/floor heater/towel rack heater/sprinkler system) are all on one 15amp breaker as well. My whole upstairs 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms (outlets and lights) are also on one #14/15amp. And also found out that the whole panel was mislabeled minus the clothes dryer and fridge which are on correct amp breakers.  Is what i listed above out of code? and if so could the VA inspector be held liable for passing the inspection?

Answer
Hi.

The kitchen outlets are definitely out of code.  There should be two 20 amp circuits. The bathroom should have one 20 amp circuit for the outlet. Only the lights and fan in that one bathroom can be on the same circuit.  The rest is probably OK, esxcept for the mislabeling.

As far as the inspector being held liable, that sounds like a legal question.  But it sounds like he should be.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle