Electrical Wiring in the Home/electrical odor in home

QUESTION: We are experiencing an electrical odor in our home...in the laundry room, kitchen and great room (one end of the house). Does this pose a danger?  What can we do to correct it?

ANSWER: The only order electric makes is arcing. That is normally a fire hazard. I would call electrician to look at this.

QUESTION: After 3 days of noticing the odor, we've noticed it no more.  Does that still bear checking out by an electrician?

My answer has to be yes. I would hate to hear you had a fire if I told you no. This is more of a question about what you can live with? Was the  three days of electrical arching smell enough to make you want to call in a pro? One day would of been enough for me. I know how much people can loose when that spark turn into a fire.  Most arch turn out to no big deal but I don't think the risk is worth the loss.  Being homeless with only the shit on you back is what you are risking. Is it worth calling an electrician who may not even find the problem for some peace if mind?
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz

Any questions about being an electrician or doing electrical work. I can help advise people on their wiring needs, what kind of outlets and switcher to use, explain what an electrical service is and how their breakers work. I can also help them with their lighting needs. . I CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT.

My Father apprenticed to his Father-and I apprenticed to mine, repeating an invaluable tradition of child labor and a great place to learn a trade. Beginning at the age of 13, I worked with my dad every weekend and summer vacation in homes throughout Philadelphia repairing and rewiring all levels of residential electrical systems. Studying electrical engineering and earning a degree in architecture has given me a solid advantage in solving the myriad of residential electrical problems. Generation 3 Electrical, Inc. takes pride in every job - building confidence by how we do things - by being prompt, thorough and leaving every job site finished and clean.