Electrical Wiring in the Home/house wiring

I have an outside porch light, the switch is in the house right next to the switches for the hall light and living room.The out side light started to flicker and, I changed the light but, it worked for a few days but then it started to do the same in the  morning the bulb was out.I put another bulb in did not work,took the fixture apart thinking it might be a loose wire but,that was not the case.I tested the wire leading to the fixture and no power.I then checked the wires leading to the switch no power,the other switches next to it work.I went up to the attic but could not figure it out.My house was built in 1952,any suggestions would help.Thankyou for your help and your time.

I think you have a very minor repair. My guess is that this is an issue of craft. Electrical is a trade skill an one of your connections is not being crafted well. I think it is time you called in an electrician. I have see many DYIers go past their skill level and turn a minor problem into a nightmare. You did a good job trying to fix your problem. It will be interesting for you to watch a skilled electrician finish it.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz

Any questions about being an electrician or doing electrical work. I can help advise people on their wiring needs, what kind of outlets and switcher to use, explain what an electrical service is and how their breakers work. I can also help them with their lighting needs. . I CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT.

My Father apprenticed to his Father-and I apprenticed to mine, repeating an invaluable tradition of child labor and a great place to learn a trade. Beginning at the age of 13, I worked with my dad every weekend and summer vacation in homes throughout Philadelphia repairing and rewiring all levels of residential electrical systems. Studying electrical engineering and earning a degree in architecture has given me a solid advantage in solving the myriad of residential electrical problems. Generation 3 Electrical, Inc. takes pride in every job - building confidence by how we do things - by being prompt, thorough and leaving every job site finished and clean.