Electrical Wiring in the Home/Moisture in underground line

Question
Several years ago we Installed an underground electrical line to our lampost. Recently I was walking my dog and passing over the underground line the dog jumped and I notice a little hissing where the line would be underground. A year or so ago we had workmen dig out the earth to plant some bushes. The breaker will not be activated for this particular line. How do I go about correcting what I believe is  moisture entering the underground line?  It has shorted out my basement outlets as well as the lamppost.

Answer
Hi Alfy,

I would dig up the wire on either side of the bush. Then splice in a new wire to bypass the broken section. here is a link to an underground splice kit.

http://www.hardwareonlinestore.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productd
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz