Electrical Wiring in the Home/Wire connections btwn ceiling fan/light/pull chains

I am replacing the pull chain switches in both the fan and the light. there is one wall switch that turns on and off both the fan and light. the fan is three speed, one light.
The Fan has a white wire hanging and a red wire-which says to light.  All other wires are already connected.
The fan pull switch has a white wire in the "L",green wire in "1",yellow wire in "2" and grey wire in "3" all are connected to wires in the fan except for the white one.
The light has a black wire and a white wire coming from the socket.
The fan pull has 2 black wires.
my understanding is, one black wire from light pull goes to black wire on socket with wire nut. the other black wire on light pull goes to red wire from fan with wire nut.
now I am left with a white wire from the light socket, one white wire from the fan and a white wire from the fan pull switch. do I put them all together with a wire nut?

Hi Joan,

White wires normally go together. So I think you are correct. There is no color code fan manufactures have to follow so I cant tell you for sure with out looking at it. You can't damage anything if it goes together wrong. So give it a try.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz

Any questions about being an electrician or doing electrical work. I can help advise people on their wiring needs, what kind of outlets and switcher to use, explain what an electrical service is and how their breakers work. I can also help them with their lighting needs. . I CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT.

My Father apprenticed to his Father-and I apprenticed to mine, repeating an invaluable tradition of child labor and a great place to learn a trade. Beginning at the age of 13, I worked with my dad every weekend and summer vacation in homes throughout Philadelphia repairing and rewiring all levels of residential electrical systems. Studying electrical engineering and earning a degree in architecture has given me a solid advantage in solving the myriad of residential electrical problems. Generation 3 Electrical, Inc. takes pride in every job - building confidence by how we do things - by being prompt, thorough and leaving every job site finished and clean.