Electrical Wiring in the Home/electrical service to a backyard area

Thank you for taking my question-  I am in the process of renovating a backyard area into a garden pond with waterfall/hot-tub/ and ancillary lighting.  I realize that the electrical service to the area (breaker sizing,wire sizing, conduit sizing) are all dependent upon the anticipated electrical loading.  My question however is should I run one main feed from the house service box and install a sub-box out on the sight which will then divide into several breakers to feed the different purposes; or should I run separate lines from my house service box to each individual appliance or fixture.  The distance from the house is only approximately 20', however the distance from the house service box will likely be approximately 75' of trenching in order to accomplish the physical connection.  Thanks for your opinion on this-

This is a matter of personal preference more than anything. Most likely, you can put everything except for the hot tub on one breaker anyway. If you just use your main panel, then you won't have to worry about finding a place for the outside box.  You will also save the cost of a box, plus an extra double pole breaker since you will need one for the box and a second one for the hot tub.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.