Electrical Wiring in the Home/heating and wiring

Question
 I recently had a FIOs box set up in my home. I wasn't home during the installation and had my daughter supervise the install. When I came home I saw that the box was really close to the heating baseboard (we have a hydronic heating system). By close I mean the unit is about an inch above the baseboard. the wires also lie directly on the baseboard. Since the box and wires have electricity running through it, I was wondering whether being so close to a heating element would be a fire hazard. Thank you.

Answer
James,

It is a strange place to mount it given the fact there is heat coming out of there that could in time damage the electronic components but I don't think you need to worry about it being a fire hazzard. Hydronic heat doesn't run that hot, not like electric BB heat does then I would be concerned.

Bob
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

PASCACK VALLEY ELECTRIC Bob Mossman