Electrical Wiring in the Home/hot/nuetral reverse reading

QUESTION: This may seem like a simple question but I am Baffled. I have 5 plugs on 1 circuit(I believe) 3 are in the bathrooms which are GFCI receptacles. 1 is in the garage and the other outside. 4 of them test ok but the one outside reads "hot/neutral reverse and doesn't work. All the others work well. I even changed the receptacle  making sure I wired it correctly and it still doesn't work. What could be the problem?

ANSWER: The colors are wrong?

QUESTION: I don't understand your answer. What colors are wrong

ANSWER: How did you make sure you wired it correctly? Did you use a tester or did you match the colors? If you wired it correctly with the readings you got from a tester then it would be correct. If you wired it correctly according to the colors and the tester is telling you it is reversed then the colors are wrong.

QUESTION: Sorry, my initial question was wrong. The plug in tester read"HOT GRND/REVERSE"

OH!! That is different. I think you have a bad wire some where. This is a bit tricky because your reading hot on the grounded conductor. That can an a real shock hazard. I don't think it will be difficult to repair. That being said I think you should call in an electrician. Weird things could become energized when your tester is reading that.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz

Any questions about being an electrician or doing electrical work. I can help advise people on their wiring needs, what kind of outlets and switcher to use, explain what an electrical service is and how their breakers work. I can also help them with their lighting needs. . I CAN HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR LOOKING AT.

My Father apprenticed to his Father-and I apprenticed to mine, repeating an invaluable tradition of child labor and a great place to learn a trade. Beginning at the age of 13, I worked with my dad every weekend and summer vacation in homes throughout Philadelphia repairing and rewiring all levels of residential electrical systems. Studying electrical engineering and earning a degree in architecture has given me a solid advantage in solving the myriad of residential electrical problems. Generation 3 Electrical, Inc. takes pride in every job - building confidence by how we do things - by being prompt, thorough and leaving every job site finished and clean.