Electrical Wiring in the Home/running a 110 appliance off of 220 circuit

Question
I have removed some old baseboard heaters that use a 220 volt circuit.  I was wondering if I can install 110 volt receptacles to run appliances, like small air conditioners off of the 220 volt circuit?

Answer
Yes, but you  may need to change the breaker according to what you are going to put on the circuit and according to the wire size.

The breaker can be smaller than the amperage that the wire is rated, but not larger.

Plus, if you are going to put in 20 amp outlets the breaker can be no larger than 20 amps.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes