Electrical Wiring in the Home/Switching to gfi plug and new switches

Question
I replaced my small bathroom plug and double switch with new double switch and new gfi all in one outlet box; Which worked.  I then tried to replace same up in master bath, directly above sm bathroom, (both baths wiring could be tied  together as they are both on same circuit breaker.  ). Nothing in upstairs bathroom will work even when I put old plug/switch back in,  new downstairs ones work though. I don't know what I've done wrong.    New switches have 2 screws on each side.  old ones have 2 on one side and 1 on other side. Can somebody tell me how it is suppose to be wired.  Diagram maybe.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

Answer
You need a jumper across the two screws for most of of these types of switches.

I would recommend you hire an electrician. These types of switches can be a real pain in the you know what. An electrician maybe able to add you a normal switch and a normal GFCI.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bill Lutz