Electrical Wiring in the Home/Bathroom fixture

Question
I was putting a bathroom fixture up hit the black wire because the house just bought the breakers were Miss marked and it went puff and now I have no power to the switch what did I do

Answer
When it shorted out, it burned something in the circuit. These things can be hard to track down.  Somewhere in the circuit, there is a break.  It could even be at a device that is working, because it could be the wire leaving the working device that is not working.

Check all outlets, switches, and lights.  Check the wire nuts, because the wire could look connected, but not be.  Especially check any outlets and switches that have the wires pushed in the back rather than screwed to the sides, because sometimes these fail. You may want to get a circuit analyzer for under $10 at any home center which will narrow it down to the white or black wire.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle