Electrical Wiring in the Home/overhead lights don't work

Question
In my kitchen, I have three sets of overhead lights.  Switches are in several locations through out the kitchen to turn them on and off.  However, one set of four lights, recently went out.  I've replaced the light bulb to make sure that all four did not go out simultaneously -- I know that would be rare, I've replaced the light switch and I've checked the circuit breakers.  Any idea what else it could be?

Thank you.

Scott

Answer
Since you have a new switch and lamps with a good breaker, that doesn't leave much to go wrong.
You neglected to mention whether you found 120 volts at the switch and luminaire (lifght fixture).
Sounds like all that is left, outside of a cut wire, is a failed splice or termination somewhere in the circuit.
It can be in the hot or neutral conductor.
I would look for a burned up wire nut. First place to check is at the box where the fixture is located, then work your way back thru boxes to the panel.

Electricity is fire on a leash.
Turn off electrical source before investigating.
Electricity kills.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber