Electrical Wiring in the Home/question about many questions

I am working on a small cape that I want to change the wiring from 2 prong outlets to 3 prong grounded recepticles.  I have read several books on this.  I have many questions.  Is there a better website or way to get many questions answered?

You have two choices;

Upgrade your wiring to 12/2 with a ground.
Run a ground wire to each outlet.

There are so many variables when doing this kind of job that I do not know of a single book or website that could address all of them.

There are national codes you have to be concerned with and there are local codes that may apply.

If you want to attempt this yourself I advise you to get a licensed electrician that is familiar with your local codes (there may be permits involved) and see if they will work with you to keep costs down.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes

Troubleshooting electrical including appliances and HVAC.

34 years of experience.

Both college and tech schools in this field.