Electrical Wiring in the Home/sub panel

I have 200 amp service in my home. When it was upgraded from 100 amps, a sub panel was used. Thethe main panel has a 60 amp breaker as a disconnect.  Is there any specific breakers that should be in my sub panel, and my main one? If so which ones? Could there be any savings on my bill ? I do have an above average knowledge of electrical current, amps, and sizing breakers. I do this in the hvac field. Thanks for your time.

Normally adding a sub panel does not increase the amperage, since it just draws the amperage from the main panel. I'm also confused on how the main panel can have a 60 amp disconnect if it is 200 amp service.

The only thing the breakers do is prevent overloading of the wires.  It really won't save any money on your bill.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.