Electrical Wiring in the Home/Wiring Open/Off?Closed Selector

I have to come up with a solution for an electrical control at work and am hoping you can help us. I realize this should be very basic but am having trouble wrapping my head around the connections and want to draw it out properly before doing any physical wiring. We have a dual coil 110V solenoid (one coil for open signal and one for closed signal) and I am installing a 3-way selector with two N.O. contact blocks to control the signal to the coils. The selector will just be labelled Open, Off, Close. I need to bring the 110V and go through the switch and then to each coil with the location of the selector dictating the operation. Can you help?   Thanks, Don

Sorry, but as always, insurance requirements prevent me from providing basic design direction.
There are numerous sources available on line where the diagram for your circuit can be found.
Look for motor control, reversing motor starter control circuits, schematics.
Develop a basic control drawing and I will happily review your idea and provide insight to improvements you might make.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber

Licensed Philadelphia electrician serving Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania. I install and repair residential, commercial and industrial wiring and lighting. Troubleshooting and repair of problems that stump other people is my favorite. I am willing to help people figure out why things don`t work. I understand motor controls, transformers and machine wiring. I do not teach basics to novices or do free design work.

Experience in the area I have 44 years experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction and repair, 480 volts and below. This is not to be confused with one week repeated two thousand times.

44 years experience in residential, commercial and industrial electrical construction and repair