Electrical Wiring in the Home/Siemens AFCI

Question
I have two Siemens 15A type QAF AFCI breakers which were installed in a new panel in new residential construction. There are no switches, outlets or fixtures yet installed on one of the circuits.  The other has several work use outlets installed.  When testing them, they both trip.  I notice that on the circuit that does NOT have the switches, outlets, fixtures installed, when turning on the breaker, there is a small amber colored light which appears for about 5 seconds and then goes out.  It is located on the breaker, just above the switch lever when in the on position.  No light appears with the breaker that has some outlets connected to it.  Is this normal?  Or, is something not wired correctly.  Or, should the breaker with outlets connected, have the same amber light come on when switching on the breaker?  Thanks

Answer
I spoke to Siemens tech support.
They suggested you reset the breaker, as it may be showing erroneous trouble codes since it is a new install

follow the instructions on the following link: [you may have to cut and paste]

<http://wilberelectrical.com/downloads/siemens_1_pole_AFCI_instruction_sheet.pdf>

good luck
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber