Electrical Wiring in the Home/wire & breaker size for a Frigidare duel fuel range FGDS3065KF

I just purchased the range described. I plan to hardwire using a 10/3 wire and a double pole 20 amp breaker. Is this sufficient?

According the specs that I read online the amperage for this range is 23 amps.

However, the installation instructions state that you need a min. of a 40 amp breaker.
Which means the wire size has to be large enough to support a 40 amp breaker.

If you take the full 23 amps and rate if for continuous service that amounts to roughly 28 amps.

A 30 amp breaker running at 28 amps could heat up and trip. Plus, you have to consider there are different voltages around the country.

There are no 35 amp breakers so the manufacture must go to the next highest, which is 40.

So your 10/3 will not be sufficient. If your run from the breaker to the stove is less than 100 feet you would require 8/3 with a ground for a 40 amp breaker.  
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Greg Hughes

Troubleshooting electrical including appliances and HVAC.

34 years of experience.

Both college and tech schools in this field.