Electrical Wiring in the Home/electrical

can i tap into power from attic to put fan in bedroom

Sure can, did it several times in my career. There are a couple things that you have to concern yourself about but neither is a big deal. Light do not take too much energy so it probably wont effect the other things on that circuit, but make sure you don't use a circuit that is controlled by a switch. Did that and after I got out of the attic I could not understand why it wasn't working, turned on a switch and it came on. Switch was in another part of the house. (not good). I hope I have helped you and I think you will be fine-good luck.......Curt dog...........
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Curtis E. Hubbard

I can answer questions on Residential-Commercial-Industrial, Installation-Repairs-Upgrades. Troubleshooting circuits is my specialty. I cannot answer questions on HVAC or Communication Cabling.

I have over 27 years of experience as an Electrician. I am Certified by The State of California (Certified General Electrician). I am also Certified by The International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians, (ISCET). I have been the Owner/Electrical Manager at C & G Electric for 17 years.

I have an AS in Electrical Engineering Technologies (Penn Foster College). I have completed Vocational courses In Electronics and Advanced Electronics.