Electrical Wiring in the Home/220 chandelier from EBay need to convert to 110

Hello J
I purchased a chandelier on EBay (from china) many months ago for my renovation in Ca and Electrician just told me I can't use it because it is 220!  Can't return it now...too late and can't even find the paperwork.Is there any chance of making it work in your opinion?  It has a transformer and I think lights are led...are hanging down from the canopy on wires.  here are capiz shells hanging as well.  
Really want to use this chandelier!
Thanks for your help.

I would suggest looking up the specs from the manufacturer using the model number on the fixture or the driver. If it is LED the bulbs for sure will work with 120 volts as on high voltage all I have ever seen will work with 120 - 277 volts. The transformer, which is a ballast in flourescent and called a driver when used with LED bulbs. The driver as well as the bulbs may very well also work with 120 volts as some are multi-voltage, but you need to verify it with the manufacturer. Worst case scenario, you can take the driver to an electrical supply and get one with the same specs that uses a 120 volt power source. Thanks J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook

General electrical wiring, including but not limited to, residential, panelboards, control wiring, low voltage wiring, Heating and A/C control wiring, single and three phase wiring.

I have been doing electrical since high school. I have been licensed by the State of North Carolina for ten years and am currently the Building Maintenance Superintendent for a municipality. I have extensive control wiring experience.

Refrigeration Service Engineers Society.