Electrical Wiring in the Home/arcing breakers

Question
Hi Ben,
We are having arcing in the breaker box-we cleaned, tightened & replaced all the breakers but one keeps doing it. But I have a two part question.
 1) Well....I think the problem one stopped arcing but lights still
    dim/flicker soooo is that a loose wire somewhere? and where do I begin to look?

2) We live on the first floor of a two story large condo complex with a lot of leaks in units and THERE ARE SEVERAL units that are having the arcing in their breaker boxes which I find too coincidental.
It is an old building (1974) I guess my question(s) is will leaks 'cause the arcing? What would make several units' breakers arc? I guess that's my main question....thanks for any help you can give me,Ben.   Angi

Answer
angi
Answer to your first question
somewhere along the line there is a loose wire possibly a neutral wire what you need to do is find the circuit that is having the problem  and start there by opening the boxes and checking for loose wires,make sure the power is OFF!!!!

Answer to your second question
Anytime water that enters a electrical panel you will get corrosion and eventually this will cause arcing which will also cause the panel to rust out and then you could have a fire hazard.
I would have the building owner correct this if they don't go to fire Marshal's Office and have them look at it.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Ben