Electrical Wiring in the Home/Elecrical outlet

Question
My son has a small fan and an alarm clock plugged into the same outlet.  Both items are 120V~ 60Hz. However the AC adapter for the fan says 11W power consumption. My problem is the clock will reset as if the power went out when I turn the fan off or on.  it doesn't do this every time but it does it very often. I can't pinpoint why it sporadically does this. It does this in two other outlets in the house as well. I replaced the initial outlet with a heavy duty one and it still happens. I'm lost. Please help.

Answer
If the fan has an adapter, then it isn't REALLY 120 volts...if you follow me.
Does the clock go bonkers if you run the fan and turn it on and off in a different outlet than the one the clock is plugged into?
Does the fan impact anything else if plugged together with it?
Does anything else impact clock?

About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Robert Wilber