Electrical Wiring in the Home/hot Neutral ground and hot wire

We are jumping a light switch for the hallway from the porch light and the hallway light is hot every wire. It is supposed to be a three way switch and both lights on the ceiling is hot as well. The porch light is fine. I even unhooked the neutral and left it unhooked and it is still hot. I don't have a clue what would make this like that. We are using the normal wire with the 3 wire set up then using another white wire to run over to make it a 3 way. when it was hooked up both lights were hot but the second switch had no power.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only way you can tap off of a switch, is if the power enters at that switch.  Most likely the power enters either at the other switch, or the light.

Now, if you do have the power source there, and disconnect the neutral wire, it will appear hot because of feedback through the fixture.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.