Electrical Wiring in the Home/Safely removing outlet from outdoor shop feed line

Question
Hi, here's the situation:
I have a shop that is powered by one 110 line from a breaker on the outside of my house.  It is buried but encased in plastic conduit.  Half way between the house and the shop there is an outlet sticking straight out of the ground.  It is in a box and the wires are in conduit.  There's no need for this and it's in the way.  What is the best or safest way to eliminate this outlet?  I didn't want to just splice the wires and bury them back in the conduit, but I am no expert on this subject.  Is the a box and junction that I can use or do I need to just replace the entire wire?  I appreciate you guys doing this for those of us who are clueless, thank you.

Answer
Marko
The best way if you want it completely out of the way is to pull the wire out and install a conduit splice where you will cut off the pipes to the box. the other way is too cut the box out and lower the pipes so you could splice the wires and put a blank water proof cover on the box. or you can leave the box where it is and out a blank on there.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Ben