Electrical Wiring in the Home/wiring a detacted garage

Question
What size wire do I use to run from main panel to garage. The garage is about 15 feet from the house, but it about 100 feet in the basement and through a crawl space.

Answer
Wire size is totally dependent on the loads you will have on the circuit. If you operate one light with a 20 watt bulb you can use #14 UF, but if you are operating a machine shop in the garage it will be significantly larger. I would have a licensed electrician see the garage on site and determine the load even if you will run it yourself. Thanks J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook