Electrical Wiring in the Home/110 house wiring

I have lost part of a 110 circuit I find at the place were I lost my lites and wall plugs if I go to ground I have I 110on both the neutral and common I don't understand why with my having ower on both sides of the circuit it doesn't work

What you are getting is feedback from the hot wire.  The white neutral wire is disconnected at some point, so the power from the hot leg has no place to go, and can not complete the circuit.

Check all the white wires at the wirenuts and where they connect to the outlets. Especially if they are pushed into the back rather than on the screws.  If anything on the circuit is working, do not rule it out.  It could be the wire leaving that device that is disconnected.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.