Electrical Wiring in the Home/GFI.

The GFI in a bathroom was tripped and would not reset.  I checked the electrical box and reset the breaker that had tripped connected to that GFI.  I then  tried to reset the GFI again, saw a blue spark, and it tripped again.  Same thing happened when I went through the process a 2nd time.

Any ideas?  Thank you!

A GFI can be very sensitive and can fail at any time. Try replacing the receptacle and make sure all connections are tight. If the breaker does not stay set after replacing, you may need to pull out each device on this circuit to locate a loose connection or other problem device. Thanks J
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

J Cook

General electrical wiring, including but not limited to, residential, panelboards, control wiring, low voltage wiring, Heating and A/C control wiring, single and three phase wiring.

I have been doing electrical since high school. I have been licensed by the State of North Carolina for ten years and am currently the Building Maintenance Superintendent for a municipality. I have extensive control wiring experience.

Refrigeration Service Engineers Society.