Electrical Wiring in the Home/Intermittant duplex receptacle

Trying to help a neighbor lady (widow).  Her TV not working.  I discovered that the outlet works only if her electric range is on.  Would this be a MWBC issue with possibly a loose or broken neutral somewhere?

No, one of the hot phases is not getting power. When the stove is on, the wire connects the two phases together.  However, this could cause major problems, since half the power of the house is running through the stove wiring.  You may want to call the power company and see if it is their wires that are the problem.
About Electrical Wiring in the Home
This site answers questions related to home electrical wiring, home wiring, general electrical help,and other electrical questions related to aleternating current (AC). You can find help on the National Electical Code, home electrical issues, wiring electrical outlets, installing lighting, electrical grounding, and general electrical help for do-it-yourself projects not require an electrician. If you do not see your home electrical wiring question answered in this area then please ask your electrical wiring question here

Electrical Wiring in the Home

Bob Sponaugle

Just about any home wiring question. (not appliance repair) I have done all kinds of home wiring for myself, including adding a new breaker box, etc. Please, questions from North America only. Please be specific with details.